Halloween trick-or-treat hours in Hamilton will be on Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5-8 p.m., according to Police Chief Russell Stevens.
Here are some of the most important safety tips and reminders from Hamilton police.
- Swords, knives and other costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
- Fasten reflective tape on costumes and bags to help drivers see you. Hold a flashlight while walking to ensure that you are visible.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible and walk on sidewalks wherever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before you eat them. Eat only factory-wrapped candy and avoid eating homemade treats offered by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult and only visit well-lit houses.
- Never walk near lit candles or devices with open flames and be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.