Candidates for town positions – including Board of Selectmen, Moderator and Planning Board – can now get papers from the Town Clerk.
The annual town election is scheduled for Thursday, April 7 from 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
Nomination Papers became available on Tuesday, Jan. 5 and those papers need to be filed with the Board of Registrars by Thursday, Feb. 18 at 5 p.m., according to Town Clerk Andrea Carlson.
The last day to object or withdraw as a candidate is Monday, March 7 at 5 p.m.
The following positions are open:
- Two positions of the Board of Selectman for 3 year terms
- Town Moderator for a 1 year term
- One position on the Board of Assessors for 3 years
- One member of the Planning Board for a 5 year term
- One member of the Housing Authority for 5 years
- One member of the Housing Authority for 1 year to fill an unexpired term
- One member of the Hamilton-Wenham Library Trustees for a 3 year term
There are also four open positions on the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District Committee. Nomination papers for those positions are available from Donna Bunk at the school’s central office at 5 School St. in Wenham.
Open school positions include:
- Three members of the School Committee, each for a 3 year term
- One member of the School Committee for 1 year to fill an unexpired term