Microwave Fire Quickly Knocked Down at Selectwoman’s Home

Hamilton Fire DepartmentA microwave fire at a home belonging to a member of the Hamilton Board of Selectmen was quickly knocked down on Thursday afternoon.

The call to the Hamilton Fire Department came in at 3:09 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 8 reporting a microwave fire that had extended to the kitchen cabinets at 75 Plum St., said Hamilton Fire Chief Phil Stevens.

Hamilton Engine 1 arrived two minutes after the initial call to find smoke coming from the home. Firefighters on Engine 1 knocked down the fire, Stevens said. Nobody was injured.

The fire damaged the kitchen and there was extensive smoke damage throughout the house, he said. Hamilton firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour. The home is owned by Sidney Jenkins and Selectwoman Allison Jenkins, Stevens said.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s