There was no structural damage to a School Street home after a chimney fire on Saturday evening.
Firefighters from the Hamilton Fire Department arrived at 101 School St. at 6:19 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17 to find flames shooting from the top of the chimney, according to Fire Chief Phil Stevens.
The fire was extinguished and Hamilton Fire Department crews checked to make sure the fire had not extended to the home and found that there was no structural damage. Nobody was injured.
School Street was closed for a time because a fire hose had to be run across the street. Hamilton first responders were on the scene for a little longer than an hour, which included Hamilton Ladder 4, Engine 1 and Engine 3 and Wenham Engine 4 as the designated as the Rapid Intervention Team. Stevens was in command of the call. Manchester Ladder 1, Ipswich Engine 5 and Essex Engine 1 covered the Hamilton station during the fire.